Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Tuesday Brewsday

Starting on Tuesdays (besides this week that will be posted on Wednesday) I am going to talk about the different bars I went to during my stay in Ireland. Ireland is well known for their Guinness and Jameson Irish Whiskey and the bars are rarely closed. Most bars open at 8 AM and don't close till the wee hours of the morning. First, I am going to start with my favorite and most popular bar in Dublin; The Temple Bar. When you first walk in its kind of dark but your eyes adjust quickly.  It is definitely a bar for younger people to hangout at, there is a young feeling in the air. There are always a ton of people ready to drink, eat, and listen to some good music.

Photo Credit: My Own
Temple bar always has entertainment, sometimes more than one band or singer in the bar at a time. You can go on their website and see what live entertainment is playing at what times to make sure you don't miss out on a great time. Temple has a great menu and their food is awesome. If you ever have the chance to go, I would highly recommend Chicken caesar sandwich on sourdough bread. Temple has a store that you can buy all kinds of Temple Bar merchandise at, everything from clothing to shot glasses to Irish jewelry. This bar really is one of the coolest spots in Dublin.  

Be sure to come back next Tuesday and check out some more Irish pubs, also check out this Ireland's Hidden Gems blog for some top 10 attractions in Dublin!

2 comments:

  1. After reading your post about the Temple Bar I was beginning to imagine myself in a bar in Ireland. I wonder what the people are like. I wonder if they can tell jet by looking at someone that they are visiting from somewhere else. Bars with a young atmosphere are not complete without some live entertainment. It sounds like this bar was always putting out that party vibe with sometimes more than one band. Thats awesome! Did you visit any other bars in Dublin that you liked?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annastaisa!

    Its funny that you mention if the locals can tell when people are not from Dublin, because they usually can. When I was there we would have random people ask us if we need any help because they could tell we were lost, the locals are super friendly and very helpful! We went to a bunch of different bars during our stay, my "Tuesday Brewsday" theme is going to talk about a different bar every week!!

    Thanks for commenting!!

    ReplyDelete